Friday, September 25, 2009

Third Place Ribbon!

I finished my first spiderweb quilt just in time to enter in the Alaska State Fair, the day before our new baby was born! I love the way it turned out, but due to the amount of time put it, it will probably be a long time before I attempt one quite like this again.

A closer look shows some of the texture from the quilting...

By the time I got to this part I was exhausted from being pregnant, and didn't spend much time on the quilting, as I just wanted to get it finished.


The newest adition to our family, Andy, was born on uncle Jared's 20th birthday!


I got a 3rd place ribbon (though didn't find out till I went to bring it home), and it was exhibited in the small quilt-show every hour of the fair!


This was intended to reduce my scraps, which it did to some extent...... but I still have lots of blues and yellows left! My goal is to use up what I have (both scraps and larger pieces) before buying more fabric. Obviously I may have to purchase small pieces to complete something correctly, but I am going to try and limit that as much as possible. A tidy sewing room is the ultimate goal, as I share it with my children's toys. =)

5 comments:

beth said...

wow! congratulations! what an honor! It's beautiful!

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful kids! I would say you're doing pretty good with your life! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on both your ribbon and the new addition to your family. Much happiness to you all. :)

SunshineStateWilson4 said...

That quilt turned out very nice! I like that pattern. I'm afraid it is a bit beyond my very limited sewing ability thus far. :-)

Sandra Ramey said...

that is a beautiful quilt....lots of detail! and three little ones! Nice!