Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sleepover

Last week I had Sheri's kids so she could have a break, and it was a treat for all of us! Kielan & Anelise came home from gospel meeting with us, and were delighted to share homemade pizza for dinner. Kielan said he wanted the spicey kind, and no mushrooms. Ha ha, kids are so honest! Breanna & Levi loved the extra kids around, and Breanna was most impressed by the extra help when it was time to clean up the toys! It was much faster, and more of a game; when there were more to help.



It was 11:30 by the time they were all asleep, and I was relieved at thinking they would be sleeping in. But oh no..... up well before 8am! I made dutch-babies, and they cleaned them up lickety split. Kielan wanted his topped with syrup, homemade jam, AND whipped cream.... it looked like quite the combo- but I figured why not for a treat!




It was quite a chore getting 4 little people fed, cleaned up, dressed, hair done.... and then Breanna asked me why I wasn't dressed yet....?!? It was a miserably cold and windy day out, and they agreed when seeing all the trees whipping around like toothpicks that they probably didn't want to play outside. So I promised to take them to Bouncing Bears, which is an indoor playpark with lots of blow-up slides and playareas. Kielan & Anelise had never been before, and were quite excited. I guess I didn't do things "up to speed", though, finally Anelise said "you sure are taking a long time to get us out of the house!" She was right, but 4 kids 4yrs. and under was quite the challenge for me! =) Our beloved minivan is still in the shop getting engine work done, so we are driving the F350, meaning Kielan was in the middle in the front, and it's difficult to reach to get them all buckled in. When we finally reached B.B., they took off and I got a bit of a break! Levi wasn't too sure about doing things himself at first, so I did a lot of climbing and sliding too. I was completely exhausted after the 2 hours were up, it was a great workout!




Everything went great and it really was fun for us all, but I was so tired once I was back home with only 2 kids. Then I found out the next day that we are expecting in August, so that would explain the exhaustion! I was really hoping that with Breanna & Levi I'd gotten my share of "morning sickness", but it's started again..... only the kind like Levi's that is more "throughout the day sickness".


I did really appreciate how well Kielan & Anelise just sat down to meals and ate up! My kids seem to drag the meals out forever..... any advise on fixing that? Sheri says she doesn't know how it happened, they've always been that way.
I also give a thumbs-up to whomever came up with Bouncing Bears, it's a great place for those of us who live in places where winter lasts over half the year- after a 2hr. session the kids are asking to go home because they are exhausted! Makes for wonderful naptimes..... often they are both asleep by the time I drive the 15mins. home. =)

7 comments:

The McCoys said...

Lisa (and Tyler) CONGRATS!!! Wow - good for you guys - hope things go smoothly for you, sorry about the morning sickness - that is certainly NO fun...maybe it won't last too long since it's your 3rd? You can always hope! Well hope you all have a good holiday season! Take care

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

Yeah for baby #3!! Another cute little Vaughan! I have no advice on the lunch-- my kids take forever AND end up not really eating anything. Making lunches and trying to get kids to eat are my least favorite parts of being a Mom. Good thing there's lots of other fun things about being a mom-- even to three kids! :-)

Marla said...

Congrats on another little one coming your way!! I am sure it will be another adorable little one!! Take care and know that most of the time the sickness doesnt last forever - ThANK GOODNESS!!

Katie said...

Congrats you guys!!! Thats awesome!

Becky Gonce said...

Wowwee! another one! only 2 1/2 more months of sickness...unless it lasts the whole time!?! good luck!

Alyssa said...

Congrats!! How exciting that your family is growing!

MSue and BMcD said...

#3?!?!?! Wow, congratulations!!! Good to hear from you, your little family is darling! Keep in touch!