Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lots of "New" Happenings


Along with the new year, we are seeming to have quite a few "new" things come up in our lives lately! Most exciting, of course, is the looking forward to a new family member in August, although with morning sickness that lasts all day I'm not so sure this won't be the last new member! When mentioning the idea of twins (many have joked about that since it tends to sometimes mean multiples), I have gotten many "oh my, that would be a lot of work!" responces. While I'm sure this is true, I have always thought it would be fun to be a twin (although, luckily for you all there is only one of me! =} ) and it would be fun to have twins and get my four-kids done with in 3 pregnancies! Mom is adopted and so we don't know much family history, but there really is little chance of twins, however one can only hope! When we first told Breanna, she decided right away she didn't want a boy or a girl, but both! While I'm not expecting to see two little people on the ultrasound in a few months, one can surely hope? =) If nothing else it makes the morning sickness not seem so bad.

And with that being the most exciting new thing, the rest that is going on may seem overwhelming to go along at the same time; at least to me it does! Just 3 days before I found out, I ordered a long-arm quilting machine to start a small at-home business. For those of you who aren't familiar with them, they are sewing machines (with a large table/stand) for the purpose of "sandwiching" all the layers of a quilt together and sewing them together with fancy stitching. This is something I really enjoy, but the machine cost more than most of the vehicles I have purchased in my lifetime (for those of you who only know Tyler & his geo metros, I do tend to spend more than him on cars =}), so probably would have been better to wait had I known we were expecting a baby!

So with 2 new "babies" at our place, we decided "our place" was definately getting too small. (When completely set up, the quilting stand is over 12feet long by about 3 feet wide!) We've been looking for land & houses for quite a while, and happened to stumble upon a house that is looking promising! It's on just under an acre, with 4bed, 3bath, 2car garage, and a barn that has 2 horse stalls and a heated woodworking shop! There are wonderful mountain views, and it's in a great neighborhood that is close to Tyler's work, but best of all it's affordable. Actually a great deal from what we've seen, so after looking at it with the realtor- Tyler put a "for sale" add on craigslist for our place. The next morning we had an email from someone interested, and now there are 2 people coming to look at it tomorrow!
We are quite excited if it all works out so quickly, although I must say I wouldn't normally choose to move in this kind of weather! It's been just above and below -20 quite a bit lately, but the prospect of an attached garage and so much space is worth it! When we listed the house we were more hopeful than really thinking anything would happen so soon, so we have spent the last 2 days finishing things up and cleaning. I must say it's hard to clean when I have two little "uncleaners" working with me all day! =) I am just so excited at the thought of a finished house (yay!!!) way before the baby is born.... hmmmm..... not sure I'll know what to do with myself!

This had better be all for now, hope this finds you all doing well!

5 comments:

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

So much exciting happenings-- we hope the house works out for you! If I was richer, I would hop on a plane and come help you move! Can't wait to hear more, thanks for posting!

J K L M N O P said...

Soo much excitement! Hopefully you'll have some help if all works out to move! Sounds so very exciting!! Do you even feel like using your new sewing machine?! Hopefully the all day sickness doesn't last toooooo muuuccchhhh longer!! Does it help to suck on peppermints?!

Alaskan Vaughans said...

Yeah Clover, I'd be up for help.... we'll have to see about air deals if all works out... I'm feeling so rotten I don't want to think about packing, but it would be fun with your help! We did get pre-qualified for that house today, now we have to get ours sold before it's gone! Quite a bit of interest from craigslist, if that doesn't work we'll try a realtor, we have one we really like but were trying to save some more money for the down pmt. Thanks for your offer! No, Karen, sadly I don't even feel like using the machine right now, in fact looking at it makes me nauseous.

Marla said...

Lisa- it sounds like lots of exciting things happening for you in 2009. I sure hope your house deal goes through and that your sickness goes away after the usual 3 months.!!

Becky Gonce said...

Ha! I think I will go insane just reading about you! How do you stand 20 below? we have had 10 below which is unusal for here and we aren't getting out much. Are you going to be quilting for others? I have a quilt that has been in the making for about 2 yrs now and will need to be quilted when it gets done in the next 2-3 yrs! I am also not real interested in binding it..would you do that too? Don't know how you manage with 2 "helpers" and another on the way! I know I often don't get much done with my little helpers!