Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All done!

Today I finally finished the baby clothes quilt for Laura! The finished measurements are 67 x 81 inches. I like the results, but a long-arm quilting machine would have done a better job at the quilting part, as it's difficult to machine-quilt this size of quilt on a regular sewing machine. Breanna and Levi were impressed with the results, too, there are lots of soft fabrics to feel! Eg: fuzzy bath robe, flannel blankets, soft bibs, corduroy overalls, burpcloths, well-worn cotton clothes, etc. Breanna & Levi both took 3 hour naps together today, which was a big help in the process, but they are still up and it's 11:30pm~

























5 comments:

DougnKarena said...

this is truly amazing, Lisa!! Thanks for posting the photos--and great luck with a booming business once these photos get "out!" :) Really enjoy your blog. Please don't give up on it! I speak from experience--just get to it when you can--it's really ok--and it's still interesting!:)

J K L M N O P said...

absolutely gorgeous! how heart wrenching for the parents! I love all the embellishments! I have a harder time doing that large of a stippling stitch on my regular machine - so I tend to do smaller - which is more time consuming - but I love that part of quilting - to bad long arms aren't more affordable!


Your kids are so cute - and growin' up way to quick!!

Heidi said...

WOW!!!! You inspire me! What a wonderful, beautiful keepsake that will be for the parents.

Marla said...

Lisa - that is a beautiful quilt. You are very talented and what a great memory for those parents.

Alyssa said...

Very, very pretty, Lisa! Thanks for posting!

Alyssa